Richard D. Lamm, former governor of Colorado, described "a secret plan to destroy America."
In a speech to a stunned audience in Washington at a conference about immigration reform in 2004, he described how an enemy within could destroy his own country:
1. Make America a bilingual-bicultural country.
2. Invent multiculturalism and encourage immigrants to maintain their own culture.
3. Make the Southwestern United States a "Hispanic Quebec." Celebrate diversity rather than unity.
4. Make our fastest-growing demographic group the least educated.
5. Get big foundations and big business to give these efforts lots of money.
6. Establish dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties.
7. Place these entire subjects off-limits, make it taboo to talk about them. Use words like "racist" and "xenophobe." Make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws.
Enemies within are more dangerous than terrorists. People and nations living in moral defeat are blind and therefore cannot detect them and believe their lies. To use other people's money to bribe your own potential voters makes matters worse.